Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brother Eddie's - by Jeff

Last August my family went on a cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. I saw this funky, abandoned restaurant while walking through Nassau, and I knew I had to paint it. There are a lot of closed businesses there, and a lot of new ones springing up. You get the feeling that people are very resilient in the Caribbean! But it makes you wonder: what killed Brother Eddie's? Was the food terrible? Was it the global economy? I bet it had something to do with the fact that meals are included on cruise ships. Eddie's probably doing a brisk business in T-shirts at the straw market now. I'm sure he'll be fine.


Brother Eddie's - 42" x 60" oil and encaustic on panel

4 comments:

  1. Really great. Love the subject and the great combination of realism, abstraction and color. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just terrific - love the indirect light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog through Karin Jurick's latest post. The artwork is fantastic...very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete